Madurai Money: Personal Finance - Investments - Shares - Savings - Credit Card etc.,

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How I reduced my expenses

While I was calculating my budget, I realized there were small holes, through which money were going out.

When I tallied, I found out the holes. I did close or rectify one by one to close them.

One was my cable company Comcast, who was pulling lot of money from my pocket. So I removed my cable connection even though I have the internet connection with them. I have various alternatives than the cable TV, so I removed the cable.

I read various hints to save the gas and how can use my car efficiently to make sure car is good and it drinks less gas. that was one another effort for saving some money.

Monitored the Credit card account statement online and made sure there was no spam or unwanted debits from my account. In fact, I called the credit card company for the annual fees and all, which I am not supposed to pay. So I got the refund.

I cancelled my current phone company Vonage and switched to SunRocket, because I was being billed more than I was told. SunRocket was much cheaper than Vonage. Even though I called Vonage to tell them, I did not get a good response.

There are some more things I did, which I shall discuss in my next article in the same lines.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home