Madurai Money: Personal Finance - Investments - Shares - Savings - Credit Card etc.,

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Roadside Maintenance Assistance of your car

I was happily starting to home this evening, after my long work day, in which I have worked hard and completed many of my tasks for the day.

I went to my car and checked that a needle kind of a thing had punctured my car's tire and my car was flat! Well, what would I do?! I need to take it to a car mechanic. As far as, I know, I don't know any mechanic who would be open more than 6 PM in the evening.

So, I called my Road Side Assistance service - AAA, in which I am a member. Note this point. They talked to me very nicely and accepted to come down to pick me up and give me a ride and also tow my car to the desired destination - it is my apartment.

I have a spare tire, but that is not inflated enough. So, it is not possible to inflate it right now and use it. It is going to cost me more, since I did not have my spare tire inflated. It is my mistake!! I will have to do two shunts by my friend's car to get the spare tire inflated and fit it to my car myself. And then drive the car to the service station to get the original tire fixed. If this plan, not going to work, then I will have to pay more.

Atleast good that I am a member of AAA.

Well, the lesson here is -
1) Remember to subscribe to AAA, when you buy a new car or used car.
2) Always have your spare tire inflated to 60 PSI - that would have helped me right now.

Right now, let me continue waiting for the AAA guy to come and help me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • An update on this story:

    The car mechanic who came to help me from AAA was very friendly and did a great job. His name was Tino.

    I even wrote a letter to the AAA atlantic office on congratulating him and AAA.

    In fact, he changed the spare tire and inflated it.

    By Blogger Madurai Machan, At January 17, 2007 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home